1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 oz) can of tomatoes (crushed,
diced, whole, or fire roasted)
2 cups TOMATO STOCK
2 sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 TB tomato paste
1 tsp CHIPOTLE PUREE
1 date, pitted
2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Press SAUTÉ. Add onion to INSTANT POT inner pot. Add a tablespoon of water at a time as necessary if sticking. Sauté until softened. Add garlic and sauté one more minute.
2. Add remaining ingredients through black pepper.
3. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 5 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
4. While soup is cooking, add cashews and water or stock to blender and blend until smooth. Leave mixture in blender and add balsamic vinegar.
5. When time has lapsed > QUICK RELEASE pressure by turning valve to VENTING > Remove lid away from you
6. Carefully transfer soup to the blender and blend until smooth. Taste for additional seasonings.