1/2 lb. shiitake mushrooms
1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 TB soy sauce or low sodium tamari
1 cup water for inner pot
1. Remove stems from shiitakes. Thinly slice mushrooms slightly under 1/4″ thick. Cut longer slices in half, you want the pieces as close in size as possible.
2. Place mushroom slices in a bowl that is pressure cooker safe. Add 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper and stir to combine. Add water to INSTANT POT inner pot. Place trivet in inner pot. Place bowl of mushrooms on top of trivet.
3. Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Press MANUAL > Press MINUS sign to modify time to 2 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
4. Turn oven on to 375F.
5. When time has lapsed > QUICK RELEASE pressure by turning valve to VENTING > Remove lid away from you
6. With gloves, remove bowl from pressure cooker and pour contents onto baking sheet. Spread mushrooms evenly so they are barely touching.
7. Place tray in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir, adding soy sauce and then evenly distributing. Place back in oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle remaining 1/4 tsp salt and stir again, then evenly distribute. Place back in oven for another 5-10 minutes depending on your oven and your desired crispiness. If needed, remove smaller pieces that are done and continue to cook larger pieces until crispy.
This Shiitake Bacon comes out of the oven nice and crispy. It is best consumed the day it is made to stay that crispy.