1 onion, diced
8 oz white or cremini mushrooms, diced
2 portobello mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed (5-8 oz total)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 TB tomato paste
1 TB flour (oat works well)
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups MUSHROOM STOCK
1 TB Dijon mustard
1 TB soy sauce or low sodium tamari
1 TB fresh thyme, minced, divided
1/2 TB fresh rosemary, minced, divided
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp MUSHROOM SALT*
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups pasta (brown rice pasta was used)
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup Mushroom Stock or water
1. Press SAUTÉ. Add onions & mushrooms to INSTANT POT inner pot and sauté until softened. Add a splash of water if sticking occurs. Add garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
2. Add tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes. Add flour, stirring frequently, and cook for 5 minutes. Add wine to pot and use a spatula to scrape anything stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cook until wine has evaporated.
3. Add mushroom stock, mustard, soy sauce, salt, pepper, half of the thyme, half of the rosemary, and pasta. Scrape anything that has stuck to bottom of pot.
4. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time. Time will be determined on your pasta. Look at the standard cooking time on your pasta (example: 11-14 minutes), take the smaller number, divide by 2 and round down to the nearest whole number. In this above example you would set the machine for 5 minutes. We are using brown rice pasta with package instructions of 14-15 minutes, so we will be setting the machine for 7 minutes.
5. While pasta is cooking, add cashews and stock/water to blender and blend until smooth.
6. When time has lapsed > QUICK RELEASE pressure by turning valve to VENTING > Remove lid away from you
7. Add cashew cream to pasta and stir to combine.
*or sub 1/4 tsp salt