1 oz dried porcini mushrooms
1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
16 oz white, cremini, or portobello mushrooms, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 leek, green part only, well rinsed
1 carrot, peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup red wine
2 TB soy sauce or low sodium tamari
1 bay leaf
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh parsley
1 tsp black peppercorns
12 cups water
1. Soak porcini and shiitake mushrooms in 4 cups hot water while prepping other ingredients.
2. Add fresh mushrooms and onions to INSTANT POT inner pot. Press SAUTÉ and sauté mushrooms and onions to soften and reduce in size.
3. Add leek, carrot, garlic and wine. Stir, and allow wine to evaporate until wine doesn’t smell as pungent.
4. Add all remaining ingredients.
5. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 30 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
6. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE* > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you
7. Strain stock through sieve, strainer, or nut milk bag.
8. Use immediately or store in fridge for 1 week or freezer for 3 months.
*this will take about 45 minutes