1/2 cup dried black beans, soaked
2 cups water or VEGETABLE STOCK
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Drain beans.
2. Place all ingredients in INSTANT POT inner pot.
3. Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 6 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
4. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you
5. If beans aren’t done, place lid back in place and cook for additional time.
6. When beans are fully cooked, enjoy as is or press Saute on the Instant Pot and simmer to reduce liquid.
Check out the COOKING DRY BEANS guide for more ideas of what to do with beans after they’ve cooked!