1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
2 cups hot water
2 large onions, diced
3 celery stalks, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 potatoes, diced (about 1 lb.)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 TB miso
1 tsp POULTRY SEASONING
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs parsley
1 bay leaf
8 cups water
1. Soak shiitakes in hot water for at least 20 minutes.
2. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic to INSTANT POT. Press SAUTÉ and sauté for 5-7 minutes until veggies are softened.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, including the soaked shiitakes and their soaking water.
4. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 30 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
5. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE* > Wait until silver button on lid releases > Remove lid away from you
6. Strain contents through a sieve, strainer, or nut milk bag.
7. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week, freezer up to 4 months.
*this will take about 45 minutes