1 small onion, diced
8 oz white button or cremini mushrooms, chopped
8 oz Portobello mushrooms (2 large), stem and gills removed*
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup white wine
2 1/2 cups MUSHROOM STOCK
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked if not using high speed blender
1/2 cup MUSHROOM STOCK or water
1. Add onion and mushrooms to INSTANT POT inner pot. Press SAUTÉ button and sauté until mushrooms have released their liquid and shrunk in size, about 8 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.
2. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
3. Add wine and sauté until almost evaporated and the smell of the wine isn’t as pungent.
4. Add salt, thyme, pepper, and Mushroom Stock. Stir.
5. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 5 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
6. Meanwhile, add cashews and water to a blender and blend until smooth.
7. When time has lapsed > QUICK RELEASE pressure by turning valve to VENTING > Remove lid away from you
8. Carefully transfer soup to the blender with the cashew cream and blend until smooth.
*with a spoon scrape the gills out of the mushrooms and discard