1 (14 oz.) can jackfruit, in brine or water
1/2 cup dry black beans, soaked
2 cups water or VEGETABLE STOCK
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Drain beans from soaking water. Drain and rinse jackfruit. Add to Instant Pot inner pot.
2. Add all remaining ingredients.
3. Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 6 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
4. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you
5. Press CANCEL. Press SAUTE. With a fork smash jackfruit until shredded. Allow jackfruit and beans to simmer until liquid is gone; be careful to remove from heat before it starts to burn to the bottom.