1 cup dry cannellini beans, soaked*
3 1/2 cups TOMATO STOCK**
1/2 medium onion, diced
14.5 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 TB nutritional yeast
1 TB dried basil
1 TB dried oregano
2 tsp salt**
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp celery seeds
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
*Directions are for cannellini beans but any bean can be used here, just adjust the cooking time for your bean. If using canned beans, use 2 cans drained.
**You can substitute VEGETABLE STOCK mixed with 1 TB tomato paste
***The stock used in this recipe is unsalted; if using a stock that has salt, reduce added salt.
directions yield: 8 cups
1. Drain beans from their soaking water and add to INSTANT POT inner pot. Add 3 cups water.
2. Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 6 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
3. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you
4. Taste beans for doneness. If not fully cooked, replace lid and cook for additional time. If fully cooked: drain beans. Set aside. Rinse inner pot and return to machine.
5. Press SAUTÉ. Add onion to inner pot. Stir frequently, adding water as necessary if sticking. After about 5 minutes, add all remaining ingredients.
6. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Modify time to 5 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
7. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you