1 1/2 cups chickpeas*
1 can artichoke hearts
1 TB chia
3 TB water
1. Drain artichoke hearts. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix together chia and water. Set aside. 3. Put half of the chickpeas in a food processor along with all the spices. Blend until smooth.
4. Add artichoke hearts and pulse 2-3 times.
5. Add the rest of the chickpeas and the chia/water mixture. Pulse until desired consistency.
6. Scoop out small amounts of mixture and form into patties. Should yield about 10-14 patties depending on size.
7. Press patties into breadcrumbs until fully coated.
8. Place in airfryer at 390F for 8 minutes.
9. Flip each patty over. Cook for an additional 8 minutes. 10. Check on patties and cook until desired crispness.
*this is equivalent to 1 can of chickpeas or 1/2 cup dry chickpeas cooked. If using a pressure cooker for dry beans: 15 minutes for soaked chickpeas or 45 minutes for unsoaked chickpeas.
1. Cut bread into small pieces. Place in airfryer. Set to 300F for 5 minutes.
2. Stir bread pieces and continue to cook until fully cooked.
3. Let cool.
4. Add to blender or food processor along with spices and blend/process until desired consistency.
*Your favorite bread should work here, we have only recipe tested with the fruit-sweetened Dave’s Killer Bread.