8 oz mushrooms, diced
2 onions, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup soy sauce or low sodium tamari
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 TB tomato paste
1 TB miso
1/2 TB balsamic vinegar
1/2 TB vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
12 cups water
1. Add mushrooms, onions, celery, and carrots to INSTANT POT inner pot. Press SAUTÉ, adjust heat to high. Sauté vegetables for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Sprinkle with water if veggies stick too much to the pot.*
2. Add red wine to deglaze pan and allow to cook several minutes until the wine smell is not as pungent.
3. Add all other ingredients to pot.
4. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 30 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
5. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE** > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you
6. Strain through a sieve, strainer, or nut milk bag.
*If veggies stick too much at the high SAUTÉ heat, press CANCEL, then press SAUTÉ again. The SAUTÉ heat will default to “normal.”
**This will take about 45 minutes.