3/4 cup dry chickpeas*, soaked
8 oz package white mushrooms, diced
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small green chili, seeded and diced
1 TB fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1/2 TB fresh turmeric, peeled and minced
1 (14oz) can coconut milk
1/2 cup VEGETABLE STOCK
3 TB RED CURRY PASTE
1/2 TB salt
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp ground fenugreek
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 TB tomato paste
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup spinach
1. Press SAUTÉ on INSTANT POT. Add mushrooms to inner pot with a splash of water. Cook mushrooms until they reduce in size, stirring every couple of minutes. Add onions and stir to combine. Cook until onions are soft. Add garlic, chili, ginger, and turmeric and sauté 1-2 more minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients from coconut milk through black pepper.
3. Press CANCEL to stop SAUTÉ function > Secure lid in place > Turn valve to SEALING > Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK > Adjust time to 15 minutes > After 10 seconds display will read ON
4. When time has lapsed > Allow for NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE > Wait until silver button on lid drops > Remove lid away from you
5. Stir in tomato paste, lemon juice, and spinach.
*you can use any other bean; you’ll just need to adjust cooking time to the recommended cooking time of that bean.